The Ireland Gardai released photographs of a 17-year-old boy who was missing from his home on Sunday only to be found dumped in two different locations for his dismembered body parts.

Advertisement

Keane Mulready-Woods was missing Sunday, January 12 at about 6 pm in Drogheda, Co Louth, when his family last saw him.

Sections of the dismembered corpse of the 17-year-old were discovered Monday evening by a group of teenagers in a suburban estate in Coolock, Dublin.

On Wednesday at 1.30 am the Dublin Fire Brigade was alerted to a burning car at Drumcondra, Dublin. Partial human remains had been found after coping with the fire in Trinity Terrace.

Forensic Science Ireland verified that those of Keane Mulready-Woods were “part human remains” found on Monday. Forensic tests are ongoing to decide if the body found in the burning car belongs to the young survivor.

Detectives in Dublin investigating the brutal murder described the crime as “a violent and vicious assault on a child and in any normal democratic society it is completely unacceptable”

A spokesperson for Garda said: “Keane is a 17-year-old youth, vanished on Sunday, January 12, and parts of his remains have now been identified.

“This is a brutal and savage attack on a child and is completely unacceptable in any normal democratic society.

 

“The level of violence is shocking and the investigation into the murder of Keane is being co-ordinated from Drogheda Garda Station.

 

“It is important to remember that Keane was a child, a young boy, trying to find his way in life, he has now lost his life and his family have lost their loved son and brother.”

Garda Deputy Commissioner John Twomey said: “An Garda Siochana is committed to bringing to justice those behind this shocking crime.

“In recent years An Garda Siochana has made significant progress in tackling organized crime through arrests leading to convictions and major seizures of guns, drugs, and cash.

 

“This focus will continue. As always, the help and support of communities is vital to this.”

 

The teenager’s death is seen as a brutal Irish gangland murder.

 

Specialist search teams have sealed a house in Rathmullan Park, Drogheda which has been declared a crime scene and is being forensically examined.